TED™ (Tracked Elevating Device) is a track driven all terrain, battery operated, remote controlled belly plate jack. TED™ removes the need for personnel to place themselves under suspended loads associated with the maintenance of heavy earthmoving equipment like bulldozers, graders etc. Being of a low profile design and able to lift 800kg from 315mm to 1170mm, TED™ can be used in very tight spaces under machinery to carry and lift heavy components and manoeuvre them safely over soft/rough terrain.
With the array of attachments available for TED™, the need for personnel to push, pull or carry heavy loads in and around the workshop or in the field is greatly decreased. TED’s™ versatility and reliability will enable maintenance operations to be conducted more efficiently and safely.
TED™ is easy and safe to operate. The basis of operation of TED™ includes the following key points:
- TED™ is powered by a 12 volt rechargeable, non-hazardous battery system.
- The Operational Functions (driving, steering, and raising the platform) are controlled via an easy to use wireless Remote Control Handset.
- The Operational Functions are controlled by a hydraulic pump system, powered by a 12 volt electric motor.
- TED™ is an all-terrain skid steer track vehicle. The tracks are powered by two hydraulic motors (one for each track) and can operate at two different speeds.
- The total lifting capacity of TED™ is engineered at a Safe Working Load (SWL) of 800kg (Independently Certified) and has a maximum lift height of 1170mm.
- TED™ has a turntable on the platform allowing secured loads to be swivelled around if necessary.
- TED™ has several built in safety features including:
- load lock valves on each RAM to prevent platform from collapsing,
- strobe and alarm to alert personnel that TED™ is operating and to adhere to the 3m exclusion zone, and
- emergency stop button on the Remote Control handset and the unit itself, and
- deadman switch that the operator has to physically engage before every operation to avoid any accidental operational signals.
- TED™ complies with Australian Standards AS4100, AS3990 & AS1554
|Length x Width x Height (Platform compressed)||1374 x 778 x 315mm|
|Length x Width x Height (Platform extended)||1374 x 778 x 1172mm|
|Safe Working Load||800kg|
|Motor Type||DC 12 Volt 2kW|
|Battery Type||2 x 6 Volt, 224 amp AGM|
|Charger||12 Volt, 20 amp|
|Remote Control Handset / Receiver||Magnetek, Flex pro 8|
|Remote Control Frequency||Ranging from 433 to 434MHz depending on the coded channel|
In order to increase the versatility, TED™ can be fitted with several general purpose attachments. These can easily be fitted to the main chassis by either utilising the Front Attachment Pins or bolted onto the Turn-table.
The Blade comes standard with TED and is attached to the front of the main chassis utilising the Front Attachment Pins. The Blade’s intended purpose is to clear a safe working area underneath a vehicle that has broken down on arduous terrain.
The Track Roller Carrier can be attached to the front of the main chassis utilising the Front Attachment Pins. The Track Roller Carrier’s intended purpose is to aid in the replacement of track rollers. The Track Roller Carrier has a SWL of 200kg.
The Cutting Edge Tool can be bolted onto the Turn-table. The Cutting Edge Tool’s intended purpose is to aid in the replacement of bulldozer cutting edges.
The Steer Cylinder Cradle can be bolted onto the Turn-table. The Steer Cylinder Cradle’s intended purpose is to aid in the replacement of steer cylinders, tie rods and other similar components.
The Stand Locating Tool can be attached to the front of the main chassis utilising the Front Attachment Pins. The Stand Locating Tool’s intended purpose is to aid in the placement of axle stands under suspended loads. The Stand Locating Tool has a SWL of 200kg.
The Slope Table can be bolted onto the Turn-table. The Slope Table’s angle is easily altered by turning the angle adjustment nut and ranges from zero degrees (flat) to forty five degrees when fully extended. The Slope Table is ideal for components with a sloping bottom (e.g. sumps). The Slope Table has a SWL of 400kg.
The Extension Blocks can be bolted onto the turn-table. The Extension Blocks increase the reach of the turn-table mounted accessories increasing the versatility of each attachment. A single Extension Block will increase the maximum reach by 300mm, with a maximum of two Extension Blocks able to be stacked together to further increase the reach to 600mm.
The Pivot Extension and Sump Table can easily be bolted onto the turn-table. The Pivot Extension allows the user to vary the angle but to 20 degrees which can be useful when removing or installing components that have a sloped base or are installed at a slight angle (e.g. steer cylinders). The sump table can be attached to the top of the pivot extension therefore creating a large surface area primarily used in removal and installing of sumps.
Nivek® Industries can also offer to customers several additional accessories to further suite your company’s individual requirements
TED™ can be fitted within Neoprene Tracks to eliminate scratches to concrete and painted concrete floors.
The Belly Plate Stand can be easily transported around with TED™ and will allow TED™ to quickly unload the Belly Plate while in the field freeing TED™ up for other tasks.
The TED™ Trailer is an essential item when wanting to transport TED™ to the site of a breakdown quickly. TED™ can easily be driven onto the trailer utilising the built in ramps. The TED™ Trailer is also fitted with:
- storage compartments for the multipurpose attachments
- Stabilising legs for loading/unloading
- 16” 6 White Sun Raiser Rims (Land Cruiser)
- 3500kg Ring Coupling
- 10″ Heavy Duty Jockey Wheel
- Off-Road Over-Ride Brake Couplings 2t
The TED™ Home s a custom made storage and charging bay for TED™. The home is fitted with:
- storage for the multipurpose attachments
- storage compartment for the charger and manuals
- grated mesh base
TED™ Sleeping Bag
The TED™ Sleeping Bag is a custom made canvas bag that fits nicely over TED™ during periods of non-activity and keeps TED™ free from dust and debris that would naturally accumulate within a workshop.